At HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht we look forward to welcoming you to Utrecht and to our university!
Every semester we organize an Introduction Day for newly arriving exchange students. In 2018-2019 the dates are set on:
Fall semester 2018: Saturday 1 September
Spring semester 2019: Friday 1 February
Of course we expect you to be there! It is very important to attend the Introduction Day, as it gives you the chance to meet your classmates, get to know each other and find your way around HU. You will learn who to contact for which questions and find out about topics like immigration, housing and life in Utrecht. The course coordinator will meet with you during the introduction, and provide you with your class schedule and other information necessary to make a successful start in your programme.
Although the International Office is always willing to help, finding out all this information on your own after a late arrival will take extra time and make the start-up more difficult.
Other useful tips to prepare your stay at HU:
- Make sure to join the HU incoming exchange students Facebook group and meet your fellow exchange students!
- Join one of our international student organisations and get a Dutch buddy/mentor! Sign up for the mentor programme of the Erasmus Student Network (ESN) – in which you will be linked with a group of international students to two local students – or for the buddy programme of Buddy Go Dutch – in which you will be matched one-on-one with a Dutch student. Both organisations will also organize lots of activities during your stay in Utrecht.
- Read the HU International Student Guide for all sorts of practical information on living in Utrecht, from how to take public transit to where to shop for groceries.
- Read more about studying at HUand practical matters to arrange before coming to Utrecht.
- Visit www.studyinholland.nl for all necessary information for international students on studying in the Netherlands and preparing your stay.
- Learn more about the city of Utrecht and what it has to offer on www.visit-utrecht.com.