The IB curriculum requires acceptable numeracy skills as well as a good command of English. All prospective students who register for this programme are invited to an intake procedure, which includes a digital assessment, a personal interview and compulsory starter days.
The basic admission requirements for the full-time BBA International Business programme are as follows.
Admission requirements for international students
The minimum admission requirements for entrance are:
- A (senior) secondary school diploma
- The International Baccalaureate or European Baccalaureate Diploma
- China: senior middle school diploma
- Germany: Abitur (Zeugnis der Allgemeine Hochschulreife) or Fachhochschulreife
- UK: 6 subjects with a minimum of 4 GCSEs/IGCSEs with A, B or C grade AND 2 A/AS levels
- France: Baccalaureat
- Switzerland: Maturitatszeugnis
- Italy: Diploma di Maturità
- The Netherlands: HAVO, VWO or MBO level 4
- USA: high school diploma with college preparatory programme
- Australia: a pass in the Australian Matriculation Examination
- General: a Matriculation Certificate.
In the event of any doubt, the Netherlands Organisation for International Cooperation in Higher Education (NUFFIC) will assess the level of your qualification.
International students must also meet additional language requirements. If English is not your first language, you must provide a result from an internationally recognised test of English:
- IELTS: minimum score 6.0 (obligatory for Chinese students)
- TOEFL: minimum score 550 (213 computer-based, 80 internet-based)
- Cambridge certificate of Advanced English
- Anglia Certificate of English Proficiency Level
For Chinese students, an IELTS test result is required.
All other students may choose between IELTS and TOEFL. Read further for more information about language requirements.
All VWO, HAVO and MBO-4 profiles are accepted. It is highly recommended that applicants have completed at least one of the following four modules: Mathematics A or B, Economics or M&O. A good command of the English language is crucially important to be able to complete this programme.