Here you can find step-by-step instructions on how to apply for admission. Please follow these steps carefully and take note of the required documents that we need for your diploma evaluation. A complete admission file means we will be able to process your application quickly and inform you whether you have been admitted to the programme.
Application process for degree students
Step 1: Apply online through Studielink
Studielink is the main registration tool for Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. When you go to the main page www.studielink.nl, please click the British flag for English
- Request your personal account and password. Once you are in Studielink, you will first create an account with a username and password
- Place your enrolment request. Log in with your password and username, and place your enrolment request in Studielink
- You will receive a letter asking you to submit your application in Osiris application.
Step 2: Send in your application documents in Osiris
Please go to our online enrolment system Osiris Application to upload your complete admissions file directly. Click here for the instruction manual.
Please upload the following documents:
- A copy of your passport
- If you already have a Dutch residence permit, please upload a copy of this as well (together with your passport in one PDF)
- A copy of your (senior) secondary school diploma and grades list together in one PDF-file
- Translations of both your diploma and grades list(s) into Dutch or English together in one PDF-file (unless already written in German, French or Spanish)
- Language test results: A copy of your certificate of proficiency in English (or NT II-2 certificate for Dutch-taught programmes).
Please note that diploma documents must be uploaded in Osiris application and cannot be sent by email or post.
- 15 January - programmes with numerus fixus and decentralized selection
- 15 June - Non-EU/EEA students who need an entry visa for study
- 15 July – Non-EU/EEA students who wish to transfer to HU with a temporary residence permit
- 1 August - Students from EU/EEA countries who have a European diploma.
After your admission
Your application will be processed by the International Office. The admissions process should take no more than 3 weeks, providing the file you submitted is complete. You shall be notified by email of the decision. After admission, the next step is to continue with your visa application if applicable. In addition, you will be requested to arrange the payment of your tuition fee. For more information about the applicable fees for you and for payment instructions, please refer to the website of the Enrolment Office.