Here you can find step-by-step instructions on how to apply for admission. Please follow these steps carefully and take note of the required documents that we need for your diploma evaluation. A complete admission file means we will be able to process your application quickly and inform you whether you have been admitted to the programme.
Application process for degree students
Step 1: Apply online through Studielink
Studielink is the main registration tool for Dutch universities and universities of applied sciences. When you go to the main page www.studielink.nl, please click the British flag for English.
- Request your personal account and password. Once you are in Studielink you will first create an account with a username and password.
- Place your enrolment request. Log in with your password and username, and place your enrolment request in Studielink.
- Receive your Student ID number (7 digits). This number will be emailed to you after you have submitted your enrolment request.
Step 2: Provide information in Osiris
Aside from the Studielink procedure, we ask international applicants to provide additional personal information directly in Osiris, HU’s student information database. Soon after submitting your registration in Studielink, you will receive an email with instructions on how to do this.
Step 3: Send in your application documents
Now that you have filed your application and taken the questionnaire, you are ready to start the admissions process by sending in the required documents:
- A passport copy
- A certified copy of your (senior) secondary school diploma and grades list .
The copy of your diploma or grades list can be certified by a notary public or by the school that issued the original document. The copy must have a stamp, signature and the date of certification. Non-certified diploma documents will not be processed by the Enrolment Office.
- Certified translations of both your diploma and grades list(s) into Dutch or English (unless already written in German, French or Spanish)
- For Chinese students only: a copy of your huikao or General Ability Test results, issued directly by the provincial education office, with certified translation
- Language test results: A copy of your certificate of proficiency in English (or NT II-2 certificate for Dutch-taught programmes).
If you have already have a Dutch residence permit, please send a copy of this as well.
Documents may be sent to the Enrolment Office by post or by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that certified diploma documents may not be submitted through email, but must be sent in original though postal mail. Please write your student number on every document you submit!
- 15 January - programmes with numerus fixus and decentralised selection
- 15 June - Non-EU/EEA students who need an entry visa for study
- 15 July – Non-EU/EEA students who wish to transfer to HU with a temporary residence permit
- 1 August - Students from EU/EEA countries who have a European diploma
Please note: In case there is an admission quota, these deadlines don't apply. Please check the application procedure of the study programme you are interested in. Students with visa restrictions must be completely registered at HU before the 1st of September. It is not possible to arrive after the start of the programme.
After your admission
Your application will be processed by the Enrolment Office. The admissions process should take no more than 3 weeks, providing the file you submitted is complete. You shall be notified by email of the decision. After admission, the next step is to continue with your visa application if applicable. In addition, you will be requested by the Enrolment Office to pay your tuition fee. For more information about the applicable fees for you and for payment instructions, please refer to the website of the Enrolment Office.
Application process for exchange students
Are you coming to HU University of Applied Sciences Utrecht as an exchange student? Please check our application procedures for exchange students.